Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Loving It

Every January, a whole movement of people get inspired to loose weight and feel great. They vow to not eat junk food, exercise, and keep daily tabs of their calorie count. As the New Year is in full swing, I want to start drinking more water, and as the weather gets warmer, get more inspired to run and exercise. But I will tell you one thing I wont do: give up my Mickey D's.

When people ask me what my favorite restaurant is, I always say "my top two favorite restaurants are the Cheesecake Factory, and Mcdonalds" While I do it because I find this a funny juxtaposition, I also do it because it's true!

Alot of people give Mcdonalds a bad rap. Ever since the documentary film Super Size Me came out in 2004, people are almost riotous with pitch forks and torches when it comes to the restaurant. Actually when I watched Super Size Me in my high school Psychology class, I wanted to go there even more!

The truth of the matter is, you shouldn't go there when you are conscious about calories, dieting, and wanting to be in the best shape. That's why they create outrageously expensive sushi establishments, and whole food markets. But if you want something cheap, and good (without worrying about all the other stuff) then Mcdonalds might be a good option for you! Not only do I think their burgers, and fries are the best (compared to their fast food competitors) but their sweet tea is to die for! And I don't use that phrase that often! Even their regular pop is the best around! What do they put in it?

My new cravings at Mcdonalds is their new fruit and maple oatmeal for $1.99. This hot and creamy oatmeal, with a hint of maple is topped with fresh apple chunks, dried cranberries, and raisins (I know I sound like an ad). I'm hooked on this stuff! And best of all, it's healthy!

Now don't get me wrong, I love exercising. What I believe though is, as long as you stay active you can indulge once in a while in some fast food. I started taking up yoga and kickboxing at my local gym, spiced up with some cycling and running for later when it gets warmer. I even can kick butt in racquetball once I get motivated (and find a partner, sometimes the hardest part).

So for the New Year, get out there and stay active! I inspire you to eat right, and feel great! I'm just saying stop by Mcdonalds and try an oatmeal along with a sweet tea. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment