Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring brings Stinky Trees...


Ahh.. Spring has arrived. The minute I saw the first wasp of the year flying around our front door, along with 2 days in a row of little sleep because of thunderstorms I realized what season it was. There's something about Spring. I can't even put my finger on it. As soon as I smell those stinky white trees at the start of spring, my first reaction is repulsion.. but thats followed by a reaction of renewel.

Spring takes away the winter blues. Even though you have to part ways with your fashionable winter coats, you start getting out the shorts and t-shirts--items you tend to forget about during the brutally long winters. My favorite part about Spring is getting out my frisbee golf disks, and playing on a course for the first time. Or that first ride of the year on my bike. It opens a whole new world of possibilities to you.

Obviously the environment around you changes, but I think also your inner environment changes as well. On a level I can't explain, for me, Spring and Summer help activate my wildest dreams. You can laugh at this point if you want to, but that's how I feel. I always say to myself statements like "oh maybe I'll have a summer romance this year", or "something BIG is going to happen this summer." Typically nothing radical happens. But there are moments of total relaxation. When I'm on vacation with my family, I always regress back to childhood. The Golden Years. It's a week away from work, deadlines, pressure, responsibility, cell phones buzzing every minute. It's really just a time of family, relaxation, and memories. Time just stands still. 

So in lieu of all the rain, storms, allergies, and wasps, it's a great time of year. It's a time of renewal and regrowth. During this time Christ died on the cross, and rose from the dead so that we can have everlasting life!                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment